The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I alway's put a carrier bearing spacer on when droping a truck with a 2 piece drive shaft, just not trans spacer's.

Alex

Reaction score
That's a nice and clean "bottom" haha^^^^. Well I'm done with my flip kit , so far so good. Got another question - planning on getting some Belltech spindles ( I think 2400 is a part #). Read a lot about it how they push the wheels out - are those .5 inches really that noticeable? I'm just having hard time picturing it in my head. The reason I want Belltech because that's the only thing Amazon carries ( I deal with them because they sorta local). Just having some difficulties picturing it. Thanks in advance fellas.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes the belltech's do push the wheel's out .5 per side, I have 2 truck's running belltech's currently and as long as you figure your backspace correctly and take in to account the added.5 inch you will be fine.

Alex

Reaction score
Thank you DRAGGIN95. And all that they carry as far as DJM is lower control arms (Amazon).

LunchBox

Reaction score
Hello gentlemen. This is my situation. I have a 94 RCSB Chevy that I am lowering this weekend. I have the DJM spindles, DJM 2" drop coils for the front. I will be running 15x8 rally wheels from an older square body Chevy, so I know that I need to trim the lower control arms (rain gutters). My question is about the rear. Once I notch the frame and support on the bottom side of the bed, and flip the axle on top of the leaf springs, is it necessary to move the axle back 3/4" on the leaf springs to prevent the yoke from stabbing too far into the transmission? I can't find any definate info on this. But I have heard of it happening on a few friends trucks. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All the flip kits I have used had a slightly relocated pin hole just for that reason. It isnt much, but Ive never had any problem.

LunchBox

Reaction score
All the flip kits I have used had a slightly relocated pin hole just for that reason. It isnt much, but Ive never had any problem.

That's what I was thinking, but wanted to double check before I get into tearing this beast down this weekend. Thank you sir!