The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alex

Reaction score
Thank you fellas for educating stupid folk like myself lol

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You will most likely need to notch your bed brace directly over the pumpkin also. If you dont, you'll hit a good bump and see a large raised area right in the middle of the bed. Ask me how I know this....

Alex

Reaction score
Almost done with my 6'' flip kit, it says to you got to install transmission mount spacers are they necessarily ?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I installed trans mount spacer's on my truck when I bagged it, but I have never used them on a static dropped truck, is your truck a reg. cab or ext. cab?

Alex

Reaction score
Mine as well leave them out, since its coming from an expert that had experience with dropped trucks ^^^. And it's a regular cab, short bed.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If after you have the flip kit installed the pinion angle look's off then you could install the spacer's if neccesary, you want your rear end pinion angle to be angled just slightly downward from the driveshaft 1-2 degree's.

Alex

Reaction score
It looks to be that way, I couldn't find anything to measure it (cant find anything in our shop lol ) But if you measure the drive shaft itself its about 13.5 coming from the transmission to about 12 to the rear end so it sorta points down & rear end itself slightly pointing down towards the front of the truck. Don't know if that makes sense I tried to explain it the best I can.

smurfcivic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I installed trans mount spacer's on my truck when I bagged it, but I have never used them on a static dropped truck, is your truck a reg. cab or ext. cab?

when i first did my 4/6 i had to put spacers under my carrier bearing cause at 60 ish it would vibrate. And now my new drop thats around 5.5/9 ish its doing it again. But gonna finish the mods this week and see where im at. lol