The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I know of a local guy runnin around with a 6 inch bds suspension lift, 3 inch body and he runs 37's. supposedly with 4.88's. he rarely drives it probably due to the crazy low gearing. Truck is gorgeous. Mild 350. Cam, headers etc. has bounced around alot on Craigslist. Less than 100k on it. Ill try to find pics. 4.88 seems way low to me.

Dszx13

ragged out Z71
Reaction score
I'm wanting to put a bl on an 38s later down the road so I gotta decide between 4.56 an 4.88. Don't really tow much. But I drive everywhere in it. I'm not afraid to take it off road so I need the best of both worlds lol

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
My truck had 3.42s, and with the 285/65/16s on it it was slow. Also, it got $hit mileage because the gearing was so poor. Maybe it woulda been better if I drove ANY freeway with it... If you do anything but commute you need lower than 3.42s IMO, even on stock tires.

Dszx13

ragged out Z71
Reaction score
With 4.88s an 38s could I run interstate an not get passed by everyone lol

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I had 3.42's in my s-10 blazer. Ran great with great mileage but if you put anything behind it it turned into an utter dog.

GraveDigger

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a lift on my truck. I want a suspension lift and not a body lift for extra clearance in the middle of my xc long bed and for the look of it. I have a factory set up as of now. I was looking into a 3-4" or maybe stretching to a 6" lift but I don't want to spend a ton of money...(preferably only 1500 max) I know you should get larger tires and wheels which is also part of the price. Any recommendations on a cheap set up??

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
a 4" and a 6" lift are the same on these trucks, plus or minus a block/leaf.

You won't get a good lift AND wheels/tires at 1500, unless you score a craigslist deal on 35s.

Dszx13

ragged out Z71
Reaction score
I'm looking to get a lift on my truck. I want a suspension lift and not a body lift for extra clearance in the middle of my xc long bed and for the look of it. I have a factory set up as of now. I was looking into a 3-4" or maybe stretching to a 6" lift but I don't want to spend a ton of money...(preferably only 1500 max) I know you should get larger tires and wheels which is also part of the price. Any recommendations on a cheap set up??

I had my 6" lift installed at Local shop for 1500. Then got 35s. Then you probably gotta regear it

Sent from the legion of doom