The Stupid Engine Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnny1

Reaction score
Has anyone done a LT1/ LT4 heads n intake n LT4 cam on a L31 block? Reason for asking is that I would like to put separate injectors instead of the spider injectors aslo I read that the vortec intake is a 8 bolt dwn instead of the 12

Thanks in advance

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done a LT1/ LT4 heads n intake n LT4 cam on a L31 block? Reason for asking is that I would like to put separate injectors instead of the spider injectors aslo I read that the vortec intake is a 8 bolt dwn instead of the 12

Thanks in advance

You can't, because the blocks are different. LT motors are reverse coolant flow and are setup differently, among other things. Best bet would be a marine intake or an Edelbrock Pro Flo XT for the vortec heads. I believe they accept LS motor fuel rails and injectors, and would work well with an 0411 swap.

johnny1

Reaction score
You can't, because the blocks are different. LT motors are reverse coolant flow and are setup differently, among other things. Best bet would be a marine intake or an Edelbrock Pro Flo XT for the vortec heads. I believe they accept LS motor fuel rails and injectors, and would work well with an 0411 swap.

Thanks, where would I fine the wiring diagram for the injectors n if anyone has done this swap what other thing were changed? Like fuel lines dizzy throttle body...

hefftone

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there a rubber seal between the distributor cap and the distributor base? I can see a groove on the base, and the plastic seems to nestle into it well... i would imagine a good tight seal is essential here.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Question, anyone know the difference between the throttle body assembly for a 1997 GMC K1500 with a 5.0 / 5.7L and the one listed for a 1997 K2500 Sub with a 7.4??

The reason I asked was I am researching parts for my engine for later on to do the intake manifold base gaskets / V-max intake manifold spacer, etc, before they start to leak coolant.

RockAuto lists reman units ( Autoline 14980 for the 5.0, 5.7L, and a 14981 for the 7.4L ) Autoline website wasn't of any help... no pictures of either unit.

BBK lists the same aftermarket unit for all 3 engines, with an 80 mm bore. Wondering what the bore size is on the 7.4L stock unit, and if it can be used in place of the 5.0 / 5.7 unit as an inexpensive upgrade. ( pretty sure I can grab one from a scrap yard )

I also checked out CFM Tech ported units. Thanks in advance!

heavychevy98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Dumb question more or less to figure out how to post pictures but anyone know what goes here?