The Stupid Engine Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Then yes you need to change the cap and rotor man, you changed the plugs and all so why not the cap and rotor, you gotta keep up on maintenance.

94- The pump is in the tank so the pump stays cool with the fuel in it, I don't run mine down past a 1/4 or so, that is plenty in there to keep it cool, running it way low everyone time will for sure burn the pump up faster.

Kevin11

Reaction score
I bought the cap and rotor from autozone today,ill replace the old one in the morning. Do I need to set the Timing after I replace the cap and rotor?

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No you do not, make sure to mark each wire and the cap where number 1 cylinder is then pull the cap and pull the rotor off the shaft and replace with new stuff.

Kevin11

Reaction score
Ok,I changed the cap and rotor and still the same thing hesitation under load, now everything has been replaced except for the Ignition Control Module. What should I do? I'm basically throwing parts at it without fixing the problem, so it's either take it to Chevy or R&R the control module.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
either way it needed it, 4 years or more is way to long, what about o2 sensors? have you changed fuel filter in the last 30K

Kevin11

Reaction score
New o2 sensors, replaced the filter when I replaced the pump last year September, after chevy diagnosed the ECM as being bad,so the ECM is new as well.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hmmm could be intake gaskets or the spider injector unit, what year is it again?

Kevin11

Reaction score
1998,it's titled under 99 but the tag on the door says oct.1998. Any way it could be my ignition control module?