The Stupid Electronics Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
I'm pissed!
When I deadened (my doors) I installed the crossovers (MB Quart) in my doors, used deadener to hold them in place ~2" from the bottom.

Well one of them got wet & now my Tweeter won't tweet.
So now I'm looking to replace both the crossover's.

What brand/model would be an upgrade above what mine were?

Also-- At which DB do you set yours at?

°Truckin°

ThatDrummerGuy95

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need ideas. 1997 Tahoe. I'd like to have:
- 2 12" or 15" subs
- 2 Tweeters
- New speakers in all doors.
- Possible additional tweeter speakers on A Column
- I would like to push 110-120 db
- QUALITY IS KEY. I would much rather have it at 100 decibels with EPIC quality than 110 decibels with only good quality

Can you guys tell me what I should look to get? I know to get deadening material and I'm getting a new head unit, but that's about it. What Speakers, Subs, Where to place Subs, Amps, How many total Amps, how many Watts, what Wires, etc.

Please and thank you.
~Jesse

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
- 2 12" or 15" subs
- 2 Tweeters
- QUALITY IS KEY. I would much rather have it at 100 decibels with EPIC quality than 110 decibels with only good quality

Can you guys tell me what I should look to get? I know to get deadening material and I'm getting a new head unit, but that's about it. What Speakers, Subs, Where to place Subs, Amps, How many total Amps, how many Watts, what Wires, etc.

Please and thank you.
~Jesse

What is your budget for the build? That will be a big factor in helping you pick out components for the system!

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm pissed!
When I deadened (my doors) I installed the crossovers (MB Quart) in my doors, used deadener to hold them in place ~2" from the bottom.

Well one of them got wet & now my Tweeter won't tweet.
So now I'm looking to replace both the crossover's.

What brand/model would be an upgrade above what mine were?

Also-- At which DB do you set yours at?

°Truckin°
Dang ... Sorry to read about this ...

- 2 12" or 15" subs
- 2 Tweeters

Please and thank you.
~Jesse
Sounds like a plan ... you can check out my build log for similar ideas ...

Sorry, I meant 130-140+ db

Shouldn't be a problem, with a good install with good product ...

ThatDrummerGuy95

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is your budget for the build? That will be a big factor in helping you pick out components for the system!

1K - 1.5K

-My uncle has a killer set-up in his 07 Crew Cab DMax for $730. I know Ill have more "space" to fill, so I figured I would alot an extra couple hundred. His set-up is roughly: $180 6x9 (2); $300 Amp; $150 Front 6"; $100 Wire Harness, Monster Cables, & Capacitor. I will probably put in 12" (3) or 15" (2) for Subs. 2" Tweeters, and just do away with the 4.5" x9" speakers in the top rear. I know I'll need more Amperage to go along with that, thats why I alotted the extra money.

ThatDrummerGuy95

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The sound I'm going for is like a Metal concert. The bass hits hard and fast. Like your getting hit in the chest and then it's gone. I don't want that muddy bass that resonates forever. The kind affiliated with rap most of the time. (No offense) lol

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The sound I'm going for is like a Metal concert. The bass hits hard and fast. Like your getting hit in the chest and then it's gone. I don't want that muddy bass that resonates forever. The kind affiliated with rap most of the time. (No offense) lol
I really enjoy playing Heavy metal music in my truck ... Punchy bass instead of boomy bass ... I understand this well ...