The Stupid Axle Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good adjustable proportioning valve I can use on my 92 sierra? I have a 14B sf rear and the rear locks up first so i need to adjust that.

Mine has the same issue, seems worse when it wet out for some reason. I do have the original mc and prob valve from the truck the 14 bolt came out of. It your ever up around fredericton and interested you can have it.

92Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Interesting. I swapped to one in my blazer and didn't have any issues. I wonder if weight distribution is the only difference.

Take your pick

http://www.jegs.com/c/Brakes-Drivetrain_Proportioning-Valves-and-Balance-Bars/10165/10002/-1
thanks, the ones I found on summit don't list sizes of lines or if they include adapters for 1/4" lines. What do you have for front breaks? mine fronts are -87 10 bolt brakes.

Mine has the same issue, seems worse when it wet out for some reason. I do have the original mc and prob valve from the truck the 14 bolt came out of. It your ever up around fredericton and interested you can have it.
Mine locks up downhill or flat surface gravel or pavement(wet or dry) I believe I have each of those out of a 2500. thanks for the offer.

willwood makes a nice unit
I'll check that out, thanks.

Kitty

Reaction score
Replacing a rear wheel bearing seal and I can't find something I need to know on the Interwebz. How much gear oil do I need to fill my rear end when placing the axle back in? I have a 10 bolt rear end. Not sure on the code though.

Any help would be much appreciated.

mpyusko

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Replacing a rear wheel bearing seal and I can't find something I need to know on the Interwebz. How much gear oil do I need to fill my rear end when placing the axle back in? I have a 10 bolt rear end. Not sure on the code though.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I would buy 3 Quarts.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine locks up downhill or flat surface gravel or pavement(wet or dry) I believe I have each of those out of a 2500. thanks for the offer.

Most unloaded pickups do that... :think: If there's anything wrong it would be ABS and not a proportioning valve.