The shop truck - 88 GMC RCLB C1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4Birdman

Reaction score
Figure might as well post up some piktars of this thing. It was our parts runner and shop truck back before I sold my shop. The thing was bone stock with like 150k miles on it. Nice interior and fading paint. I love it. The back had helper springs and lift shocks for hauling and sat stupid raked. Well, now it is my backup DD, parts runner, and general use truck. I still love it. A few weeks back the head gasket went on it. It was driving coolant for years but finally gave up. We looked into rebuilding it, etc. Finally I realized that it would be more cost efficient to just get a crate motor. Yes, the motor is probably worth more than the truck. I got a Vortec crate motor from Jegs along with an Edelbrock intake and TBI adapter.

So I set to installing it. Of course, if the motor is out, might as well put new motor mounts in. Well, easier to do that with the suspension out so might as well install this 3/5 drop kit here. Well damn, these new drop spindles need the bigger brakes to work right. So all new front brakes. Crap, the manifolds have shrunk and can't even be spread to work right. New shorty headers. The list goes on and on. I am getting close to the point where I can fire it up. It's been a long process but I'm getting there. Don't mind the messy shop, it is long overdue for a cleaning...

Before:
You must be registered for see images attach

During:

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
haha, "messy". You don't wanna see the places I've wrenched on cars. Cool truck though!

Cheap Heap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like a great project, I love the original paint.

Did you notch the frame for the drop?