The Plow Truck: 99 454 CCSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I never understood why everyone said "If you want X length trailer add 2 foot to it"
I bought my 10K 20 footer, and it does everything I need, but I kinda wish I would've held out for a 14K 22 footer.
But what I paid for my trailer I'd never get a deal like that again, $3400 out the door on a 2019 trailer in December of 2019. So I think I'm going to build some driver over fenders and do a few extra things to it so it'll be a bit better for what I do.

Any brand in particular you're eyeing?
Trailers are like shop buildings; you think you get them big enough, but too often you find out they're not quite adequately sized....

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I never understood why everyone said "If you want X length trailer add 2 foot to it"
I bought my 10K 20 footer, and it does everything I need, but I kinda wish I would've held out for a 14K 22 footer.
But what I paid for my trailer I'd never get a deal like that again, $3400 out the door on a 2019 trailer in December of 2019. So I think I'm going to build some driver over fenders and do a few extra things to it so it'll be a bit better for what I do.

Any brand in particular you're eyeing?

Locally PJ Trailers seems to have the most trailer for the buck.

Trailers are like shop buildings; you think you get them big enough, but too often you find out they're not quite adequately sized....

I dunno, 14k is a lot for a bumper pull. Any bigger and it's time for a gooseneck. Only reason to want bigger than 20' would be for construction materials or ease of balancing a crew cab dually, neither of which I anticipate doing often. A 14k doesn't lend itself that great to hauling lowered cars either, massive overkill for that. That's what makes me lean toward 10k, but equipment makes me want the 14k.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Most of the equipment rental places will rent the trailer needed too.

My 35hp tractor weighs a touch over 4200lbs with the loader and 500lb weight box, and works just fine on my 18' (16+2' dovetail) 7k trailer. Also perfect for hauling the Z28 or 4 wheelers around.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Speaking of friends with trailers, I'll be borrowing an open deck trailer to retrieve this thing. When we leave CO though, that whole network of people disappears. I'll be buying a 20' or longer open deck trailer prior to our departure though, leaning toward 14k because it's likely to haul rented skid steers and mini excavators. Hoping we don't find ourselves in a spot where I can't swing a lift right off the bat, but the intent is to have a lift sooner than later after the move.
Where at in Nebraska you heading? I'm in western NE on I-80. If you have issues and don't know how much I can help but I'll do what I can for ya.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll be buying a 20' or longer open deck trailer

Not sure what it's like in MI, but here in MN the scumbags think it's funny to steal your trailer then drive around filling it up with other stuff (that they steal) until full. They then take it home, sell all of the toys that they stole, license the trailer as "homemade" and live like nothing is wrong.

I won't own an open deck trailer (here) unless I can keep it locked up inside a building.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I live in North Platte. If needed I won't be to far off. Also FYI cell reception is terrible once you get about 10 miles north of town. You will get some when you get closer to the small towns up that way but the towns are far and few up there.

Man, if I weren't cramming this all into 1 long, miserable day I'd say we should grab a beer.

Not sure what it's like in MI, but here in MN the scumbags think it's funny to steal your trailer then drive around filling it up with other stuff (that they steal) until full. They then take it home, sell all of the toys that they stole, license the trailer as "homemade" and live like nothing is wrong.

I won't own an open deck trailer (here) unless I can keep it locked up inside a building.

My property in MI is a fully wooded 5 acres. Once I clear the site, the entrance will be over 400' off the main road. It will remain completely bordered in trees. It's a small town, so crime like that is pretty uncommon. But nonetheless nothing I own will be on display for God and the world to see and steal.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man, if I weren't cramming this all into 1 long, miserable day I'd say we should grab a beer.
Just wait till you get north of here. Your miserable day will get even worse. Nothing but cows, open prairie, and some corn fields lol. At least up there there's some hills to break up the flatness that's down here in the river valley.