The Plow Truck: 99 454 CCSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Just wait till you get north of here. Your miserable day will get even worse. Nothing but cows, open prairie, and some corn fields lol. At least up there there's some hills to break up the flatness that's down here in the river valley.

I've been through Iowa, Kansas, and Nebraska interstate and back roads. Some of the most boring BFE I've ever been subjected to. I say KS takes the cake, though all 3 have not boring not BFE parts.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
I've been through Iowa, Kansas, and Nebraska interstate and back roads. Some of the most boring BFE I've ever been subjected to. I say KS takes the cake, though all 3 have not boring not BFE parts.
You should try ND sometime....you can see Montana from the top floor of the Radisson in Fargo, and that river runs backwards, what the hell is that

The Sandhills of Nebraska and the northwest corner of the state are absolutely beautiful.

Having covered all 3 states listed as a territory manager I'd take KS over IA any day!

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You should try ND sometime....you can see Montana from the top floor of the Radisson in Fargo, and that river runs backwards, what the hell is that

The Sandhills of Nebraska and the northwest corner of the state are absolutely beautiful.

Having covered all 3 states listed as a territory manager I'd take KS over IA any day!

I did ND last year, a good chunk of the state actually. My friend said you could watch your dog run away for a week and I didn't get what he meant until I got there. Holy crap is it flat! Admittedly it got flat leading up to it, but it was dark on the way up. You can watch your dog run away here in CO for a hot minute too what with the rolling hills and lack of trees east of the front range, but that ND flat nothingness was something else. The drive home through the KS backroads away from traffic somehow irked me the most, and that wasn't the first time that state had me just hating my life driving through it. Not sure what it is, maybe the routes I take, but it is definitely my least favorite state to drive through. Heading south from Salina is A-OK, never been east of it myself, but everything west of there no thanks.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
I did ND last year, a good chunk of the state actually. My friend said you could watch your dog run away for a week and I didn't get what he meant until I got there. Holy crap is it flat! Admittedly it got flat leading up to it, but it was dark on the way up. You can watch your dog run away here in CO for a hot minute too what with the rolling hills and lack of trees east of the front range, but that ND flat nothingness was something else. The drive home through the KS backroads away from traffic somehow irked me the most, and that wasn't the first time that state had me just hating my life driving through it. Not sure what it is, maybe the routes I take, but it is definitely my least favorite state to drive through. Heading south from Salina is A-OK, never been east of it myself, but everything west of there no thanks.

Eastern side is completely different. Rolling hills or Flint hills....and it's humid.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Eastern side is completely different. Rolling hills or Flint hills....and it's humid.

Yeah, that's why I said that the way I did. Most of my driving through that state is the western part. I either take I70 east to Salina and then south or cut from I70 up to I80 through BFE heading northeast. NE becomes green and civilized sooner and IA takes less time to get through. None are fun by any means. The west is just so spread out and all the eye candy is west west.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Been slowly caving and dealing with the other rot spots. First was this bit that holds the weather strip.

You must be registered for see images attach

Got all the way through the rot and was left with this much metal.

Rust clock reset there. This one I cut out yesterday. I had to remove the inner fender to get access to the other side of it and also removed the wheel.

This one isn't butt welded, so I'll need to weld the outside as well to try and keep the salt out. Ironically that's proving more difficult than the inside was. But once that's done, I can FINALLY clean/prep/prime/seam seal/paint the repairs and then FINALLY get the carpet and seats reinstalled. Then I'm kicking this back out to the hangar until I get around to the frame. Of course I'll clean/treat/paint it prior to install and I'm sure some other stuff will end up getting done then as well, like getting rid of this dumb body lift for one.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been slowly caving and dealing with the other rot spots. First was this bit that holds the weather strip.

Got all the way through the rot and was left with this much metal.

Rust clock reset there. This one I cut out yesterday. I had to remove the inner fender to get access to the other side of it and also removed the wheel.

This one isn't butt welded, so I'll need to weld the outside as well to try and keep the salt out. Ironically that's proving more difficult than the inside was. But once that's done, I can FINALLY clean/prep/prime/seam seal/paint the repairs and then FINALLY get the carpet and seats reinstalled. Then I'm kicking this back out to the hangar until I get around to the frame. Of course I'll clean/treat/paint it prior to install and I'm sure some other stuff will end up getting done then as well, like getting rid of this dumb body lift for one.
Not gonna lie. Seeing you doing all this work has got me a little nervous when I pull my carpet out.
There was a water leak for a quote while that I wasn't able to get fixed until a couple months ago; last time the carpet was peeled back it didn't look great. I did what could be done to try and keep the rust at bay until the interior can be gutted for deep cleaning, sound deadening, and new carpet.
I fear what I did may have not been enough.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Not gonna lie. Seeing you doing all this work has got me a little nervous when I pull my carpet out.
There was a water leak for a quote while that I wasn't able to get fixed until a couple months ago; last time the carpet was peeled back it didn't look great. I did what could be done to try and keep the rust at bay until the interior can be gutted for deep cleaning, sound deadening, and new carpet.
I fear what I did may have not been enough.

It all depends on where the water was going. This one dripped out the HVAC box directly into that seam I just replaced. Driver's side just dripped right on the pan. The carpet must have been perpetually soaked, it was good and wet when I pulled it. Both sides had some degree of rot where the weather seal had the break, passenger's side won't need a metal infusion like the driver's side did though. Plus there were numerous rust spots in the pans that cleaned up with just the phosphoric acid and a wire brush. It's rained ever damn day here for like the last month, and I simply don't see the level of intrusion it would take to rot these floors.