The Official Vortec 454 Info thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Probably not the right place, but I'll post it here too for anyone looking.
Discontinued Vortec 454 EGR tube, I'll throw the manifold in too; I'd like to get $200 and I'll cover the shipping. The heat wrap has a couple holes but the tube itself is in great shape.

Have you finally gotten off your ass to get those headers installed?

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you finally gotten off your ass to get those headers installed?
Nope. Not yet, still need to see if I can get those shaped up enough to use on the new motor now that you mention them.

This is from the parts I got from @Stumpy, I tossed it in the building before I tarped up the motor. Hoping to get my floor finished in my building so I can roll the engine stand in there and start the teardown.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone know the bolt size for the back of the motor? If all goes well I think I'll have the engine up on a stand by Sunday but I can't recall the hardware size.

BeXtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone know the bolt size for the back of the motor? If all goes well I think I'll have the engine up on a stand by Sunday but I can't recall the hardware size.
all SBC/BBC are 3/8"-16 bellhousing bolt thread. LS went to metric equivalent.

BeXtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 8.1L Gen 7 BBC is also (ALL) metric. 10mm bellhousing bolts, but I don't remember the thread pitch. The guy I bought my 8.1L core engine from, had crammed 3/8-16 bolts back there.
Yeah, the Gen VII is kind of a *******... it does have some non-metric holes. It's a weird combination of LS style stuff and old school BBC stuff and it's hard to keep track of which thing goes where.

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The edelbrock intake finally showed up. Will be going on the 454 that came out from the burban. On a hunt for domed pistons in the similar weight range as stock vortec 454 pistons
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The edelbrock intake finally showed up. Will be going on the 454 that came out from the burban. On a hunt for domed pistons in the similar weight range as stock vortec 454 pistons
You must be registered for see images attach

What do they have you doing for fuel rails?