the mysterious interior rain leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
It just doesn't seem logical that all that water could leak
from 1 screw.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
It will! I don't have any pics, but its pretty self explanatory when you pull the wiper cowl off. There aren't many screws that go through metal, and those are the ones you want to seal up.

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I looked at mine today, and I sealed up the two screws that hold the cowl down on that side, I didn't see any others unless I didn't look hard enough. Also found that the bottom screw of the drain was soaking wet. But that seems to be off from where it's leaking in my truck.

Sent from my iPhone in some random spot of Texas.

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
Alright I looked all around wiper and no screws... I'm so confused on how to get this thing fixed.

Do I have to take off the plastic black trim piece that lines the bottom of my windshield?

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes you do. There are screws sunk into little holes in the cowl and there is a few on the inside edge of engine compartment.

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
Yeah I covered mine in sealant and still no luck last time we had a lot of rain. So I'll do it once more and go from there

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Take them out and fill the holes with sealant, then reinstall the screws and cover them in sealant.