the mysterious interior rain leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94blu1500

Rocky Hock Offroad
Reaction score
My windshield leaked around where it seals the the driver side a-pillar. I took the trim off in that area on a rainy day and could see it with a flash light.

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
It is unrelated to the AC. Only happens during rain so it can't be the AC drain.

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd like to know as well, as I have the same issue.

Sent from my iPhone in some random spot of Texas.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is unrelated to the AC. Only happens during rain so it can't be the AC drain.

Also the heater core an evaporator are higher in the box with a divider to keep the condensation from getting down to the blower motor area. That's why that section of the box doesn't have it's own drain.....

Gatorboy

Reaction score
Also the heater core an evaporator are higher in the box with a divider to keep the condensation from getting down to the blower motor area. That's why that section of the box doesn't have it's own drain.....
Yeah I was prepared for people saying it was AC condensation lol

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was prepared for people saying it was AC condensation lol

I know it's not, for one the a/c isn't running when mine fills up with water, the truck is just sitting an turned off. I've had the blower motor out, the bottom of the interior case off an pulled the outside cowl panel trying to find it. Still has me stumped.

I've narrowed it down to the cowl area since putting it on recirculate stops it. I must have missed a screw or something but I don't think that much water could seep past screw threads.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Trust me, it can! All my screws were there but my floorboard was getting SOAKED! I pulled them, siliconed them, and put em back in. Not a drop of water since!

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it's not, for one the a/c isn't running when mine fills up with water, the truck is just sitting an turned off. I've had the blower motor out, the bottom of the interior case off an pulled the outside cowl panel trying to find it. Still has me stumped.

I've narrowed it down to the cowl area since putting it on recirculate stops it. I must have missed a screw or something but I don't think that much water could seep past screw threads.

It definitely could seep alot around those screws. Also check the drains on either side of the cowl to see if they are plugged.

Sent from somewhere in MN

Gatorboy

Reaction score
Mine went from a few drops every rain storm to a quarter gallon every 4 hours. Within just a month

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
Could someone snap some pics of where the screws are located?
I have the same problem and love my interior and don't want mold in my truck!