the mysterious interior rain leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zseventy-one

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did the water test again with the garden hose in the center of the opened cowl and no leaks which confirmed that water was only leaking through the passenger screw hole. Put silicone over hole, screwed it down and silconed over screw. Rained really good overnight and everything inside is bone dry. Hope this is the end of that for a while!

Attachments

• 20210709_131128.jpg
    20210709_131128.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 20210709_133319.jpg
    20210709_133319.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 43

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did the water test again with the garden hose in the center of the opened cowl and no leaks which confirmed that water was only leaking through the passenger screw hole. Put silicone over hole, screwed it down and silconed over screw. Rained really good overnight and everything inside is bone dry. Hope this is the end of that for a while!
I hope that was it, but the real test for me was the car wash. Mine always leaked in a car wash as you can’t replicate that water flow at that speed with a hose. I’ve done 3 car washes and no leaks! I’d check both drains left and right, just as maintenance. See post #106.

Zseventy-one

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hope that was it, but the real test for me was the car wash. Mine always leaked in a car wash as you can’t replicate that water flow at that speed with a hose. I’ve done 3 car washes and no leaks! I’d check both drains left and right, just as maintenance. See post #106.
True...we have had some intense rain storms and the leak unfortunately is back. Not nearly as bad as before. No sign of water dripping from fire wall but still pooling in the pass door jamb area.
I'm thinking it's some bad weather stripping but the next car wash should confirm that!

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True...we have had some intense rain storms and the leak unfortunately is back. Not nearly as bad as before. No sign of water dripping from fire wall but still pooling in the pass door jamb area.
I'm thinking it's some bad weather stripping but the next car wash should confirm that!
Have you cleaned both drains? Passenger side you have to remove overflow tank to access.

Zseventy-one

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you cleaned both drains? Passenger side you have to remove overflow tank to access.
Late reply my bad...
Negative on this, thanks for the heads up on getting access though.
Will post my results once I'm able to get back to the interior work...still working on suspension and replacing sensors/wiring that got ripped out from underneath!