The day is upon us

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dangileri

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Never had an issue with the steering box ripping out, its mounted on 1/2 inch plate so its not goiny anywhere lol and we run a normal hei distributor from summit and its been fine for 4500 mils

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wish we could make it in ours but my dad is headed to daytona for the race and the bucket needs a lil work. Everytime we take it out we have to fix something. Have yall had issues with the steering box ripping off the frame? Our other issue with it is its finicky mallory ignitiin system. Usedls a laser instead of a rotor and we seem to go through the lasers on a regular and theyre not cheap.

I know of a guy local to me that a lot of problems with his Mallory ignition and dist, for me it's either stock HEI of MSD.

dangileri

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So far we obly had to change the top radiator hose on the truck while in the oarking lot of bob evans. We got lunch and came out to a puddle. Otherwise truck has been 100%

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Never had an issue with the steering box ripping out, its mounted on 1/2 inch plate so its not goiny anywhere lol and we run a normal hei distributor from summit and its been fine for 4500 mils

Ours is bolted to a 1/2" plate that is welded to the frame and it keeps ripping the welds off the frame, about every 2 years anyways.

dangileri

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ours has a nice triangle brace holding it there and all of it is welded to the frame- so far so good

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man yall been drivin. I did a 2900 mile road trip last week with the wife and 2 kids. Im betting yours is alot more relaxing. Lol

dangileri

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol thanks man, were on the way back now, it turned out to be just shy of 1300 one way. Were 500 miles into the return trip- so far it needed a new upper radiator clamp and wipers got stuck once- otherwise its been as nice as can be- the way back we took a flatter root- cutting through ohio instead of ky so we put it in od- around 10 mpg at 60 with an 3100 lb trailer/car load, 500lbs of tools in the bed, and a heavy foot :) im happy its going so easy

dangileri

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And were home, 2513 miles later, my truck was a trooper the whole way, the only thing to fail was the upper radiator hose clamp on the way out and wipers bound up once, otherwise it was great