The Body Lift Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Judging by the second pic, I'd say both. When I had my 33's on it rubbed the frame. Never had a problem on the fender though. Wheels were 17"x9", -11 offset. Most likely you'll have to crank a bit regardless, but it shouldn't be a problem if you don't mind that.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
the frame is just fine- lots of clearance there. It's my fenders I'm most worried about.

I guess I'll go ahead with it- I'll trim as much as I can and crank an inch or two out of it. I'd rather trim then crank- the bumper is coming off anyways for a diesel bumper, so we can figure it out now :gr_grin: So as long as I don't rub the frame (don't think I will- looks good) or the cab fender :uhoh2: (looks close as is) I should be good to go.

EDIT: and the tires I'm going to get probably won't be super luggy or anything, so that'll help. Probably Mastercraft Courser C/T or M/T. I'm really impressed with the tread life I'm getting out of these Mastercraft Courser A/T2's- I've stuck on nearly 10,000 and they look like I just got them yesterday still. Hold air good and haven't given me any problems.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Here's an idea that just popped into my head-

what makes a 3/4 ton ride higher in the front? can you swap the front end components? (probably not- I'm going on 20 hrs no sleep and that just popped in my head and I don't feel like going over it myself) ROFLMAO

92gmc4x4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
8 lug components and 6 lug arent interchangable like control arms, diff etc

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The wider wheels will keep the tire away from the frame but it will cause the tire to get into the back of the front fender and bumper more. With that wide of wheel you will have to do a fair amount of trimming and cranking to clear 35's. IMO I'd stick with a wider 305 (33x12) tire.

FWIW your rims are more then likely a 16x10, the measurement goes by the inside of the lips where the bead sits, not the outside edge to edge.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
The wider wheels will keep the tire away from the frame but it will cause the tire to get into the back of the front fender and bumper more. With that wide of wheel you will have to do a fair amount of trimming and cranking to clear 35's. IMO I'd stick with a wider 305 (33x12) tire.

FWIW your rims are more then likely a 16x10, the measurement goes by the inside of the lips where the bead sits, not the outside edge to edge.

Thanks for the info- would you notice much difference between a 285 and 305?

heres a SUV hitch it does look like it sits higher than a truck one http://waterloo.craigslist.org/pts/3596527501.html

Interesting- too bad its rusted to heck. We have 2 suburbans at home, one that is parked and one that is in use. I'll take a tape measure and find out for myself if I can remember to.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Thanks for the info- would you notice much difference between a 285 and 305?

Interesting- too bad its rusted to heck. We have 2 suburbans at home, one that is parked and one that is in use. I'll take a tape measure and find out for myself if I can remember to.

yah thats no big deal though take a wire wheel to it and have it powder coated