Terminator X Max. Questions with stock Wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joey C

Reaction score
Hello! I’m new to the forum. I haven’t found exactly an answer to my question so I figured I’d post here. I have a 99 2 door Tahoe that I’m LS swapping. I am using the x max so it’s plug and play with the motor and Trans. But I’m trying to figure out if I need to keep the stock ecu for my gauges, lights, and stuff like that. I am currently in the middle of tearing down the stock harness and cleaning it up based off the lt1swap website. I just needed clarification on if I needed to keep the stock ecu for my ac controls, lights, gauges, etc or if I could just get rid of it all together. ALSO, which wire did y’all tap the 12v key switched source from the Holley into?

Reaction score
Did you ever find the tricks to this swap? Im about to dive in, trying to find all the info i can...

dyates99

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ll be jumping into doing this swap also. 5.3 LM7 going into 98 k1500. I’d like to use the terminator x from Holley but I want to keep my stock gauges working. Has anyone been able to do that?

Reaction score
Any update on this? Doing Lq4 4l80e swap on my 97 silverado and using x max and im wanting stock gauges to work.
uny tips or info would be rad.