Tech Step Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As I work on improving the body I decided to spend some time on better lighting. My 89 has the 4 sealed beams and I have rewired for full 12V and to run all 4 on high beams. I do alot of night driving in the fall thru an area we call deer alley so I want to be able to see deer a little sooner.
You must be registered for see images attach

I do not have them wired and adjusted yet. I wanted a smoother looking light for in the bumper but decided to use LED's since they will put out more light. Not crazy about the way they look, I hope they perform well enough to change my mind.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
You turn them off, Silly! Let their high beams (they won't turn them off EVER!) light up Bambi for you. :p

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
No. On that vehicle the headlamps only have one filament each and the factory shuts off the low beams when the high beams come on. The 4HI mod keeps the low beams on when the high beams come on.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the low headlights are sealed beam 55 watts and the high beams are 65 watts out of the factory. The lows are fed with a .8 Metric Ga wire (smaller than 18 AWG) and the highs are fed with 1.0 Metric Ga (under 16 AWG) so you get quite a bit of voltage drop due to resistance. The "4 high" conversion feeds battery voltage directly to both lows and highs (through larger size wires), plus when you hit the brights, all 4 come on.:waytogo:

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, the low headlights are sealed beam 55 watts and the high beams are 65 watts out of the factory. The lows are fed with a .8 Metric Ga wire (smaller than 18 AWG) and the highs are fed with 1.0 Metric Ga (under 16 AWG) so you get quite a bit of voltage drop due to resistance. The "4 high" conversion feeds battery voltage directly to both lows and highs (through larger size wires), plus when you hit the brights, all 4 come on.:waytogo:

So when on dim their is one pair of low beam headlights on?

Donald Mitchell

1990 C1500 5.7L
Reaction score
Here's a gif somebody made to help you understand, there's also a thread on this mod.
animate-lights-2-gif.52554