TBI Rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
That would work, but I've heard better things about the kit from Autozone, can't remember the name of the brand right now. But that Borg Warner kit should be absolutely fine.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
Time? An hour if its your first time and you aren't good with your hands. A $5 set of bits from Walmart and a set of metric sockets is all you need. Make sure and clean the main body and throttle plates well, they are the most common cause of sticky gas pedals. I clean LS throttle bodies on a routine basis. I probably get 10 calls a month saying their throttle sticks when they first start the engine and goes away after it warms up. They soot up at around 75-100k miles, only need a simple cleaning to fix the issue.

jeff's88silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The autozone kit is the one i always use when i rebuild TB's and its fairly easy takes me about 30mins but most of my time is cleaning all the carbon off. And also about the bushings you need to check them before you think you need to replace them because i've rebuilt 10-12 TBI's and none yet have had wore bushings

rdlyn13000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys, appreciate the info. Im going to tackle this tonight hopefully, I might have some questions later if I cant figure something out Lol