TBI rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1993GMCC2500SLX

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do the passenger side back of the head to firewall and from firewall to frame ground.
Often overlooked and kind of a ***** to get at but it is very important
I noticed earlier when I was checking the throttle body that the passenger side back of head to firewall ground wire is missing on my early 94..

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alot of you guys mention the esc module the 87 p30 intake had one bolted to it, but I have been allover the wiring harness for the 94 I cannot find a plug for one anywhere?!
That's because 94 & 95 16197427 PCM has the ESC module internally.

I thought to check the tbi and I can move the throttle shaft out just off the idle position enough that it sounds like smacking two extensions together,is that too worn throttle shaft bushings to use
That sounds like too much play, it s/b smooth and tight. If you spray some carb and choke cleaner (or unlit propane torch) around the shaft, does the engine RPMs change? If so, time for a rebuilt TB.

1993GMCC2500SLX

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's because 94 & 95 16197427 PCM has the ESC module internally.

That sounds like too much play, it s/b smooth and tight. If you spray some carb and choke cleaner (or unlit propane torch) around the shaft, does the engine RPMs change? If so, time for a rebuilt TB.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking well kinda remember that is supposed to be a good useable tbi from a 88 Chevy with a 350, with everything else I have found I'm guessing it either came from the junkyard or bought from eBay and since it had a no name TPS sensor and a half hacked together harness a 305,350 injector,I'm going to pull the new iac off, and the fuel pressure regulator I rebuilt and put them on one I physically know worked and ran, without throttle bushing issues,I'm done messing with whatever this pieces together tbi is off of it has too many issues... the top of it is black and I also ended up putting a set of injector pigtails from standard ignition parts on it because they had ran this truck with it backfiring for so long that the one side of the injection pod the connector was half melted and had bare wires all back under the tbi collar and I have already had one of ports that was severely plugged in this truck,so I've decided that tbi is coming off my truck and probably getting scrapped I had a TPS sensor like fit it because the no name one the connector goes on backwards and judging the terminal letters changes the wiring, but I don't know if that is a issue or not because it is probably from my 88 Chevy S10..