TBI have pulse still no fuel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jigsaw

Reaction score
Long story short i have injector pulse comfirmed with noid light but still no fuel spraying from injectors. Swapped fuel pump still nothing, however there is fuel at the fuel line and if disconnected will spray fuel with key in the ON position. Truck ran fine just sat for a couple of months then this happened. Anyone have ideas?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Injectors pulsing, fuel pressure present (we usually prefer an actual test with a gauge, but if it's shooting out with line disconnected, there should be at least enough pressure for it to attempt to start) - but no fuel from the injectors? It just sat a few months? If it had sat longer I'd say the injectors are stuck from the fuel going bad, but it would have to be more than a "few" months IMO.

Richard

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing stuck injectors. MAYBE a failed pressure regulator--I'd think the injectors would at least dribble even if the regulator failed. Fuel pump runs, since it "shoots out" when the fuel tube is unhooked. Has power and ground since the noid lite flashes.

Have someone crank the engine while you tap on the injectors with something small and metal--perhaps a small brass hammer. Don't overheat the starter.

IF you can get them unstuck, I'd be running Top Tier fuel with some Chevron Techron Complete Fuel System Cleaner added-in for a couple of tankfuls...and then Top Tier fuel from then on.

I had one stuck injector on a Treasure Yard TBI unit. The engine ran on four cylinders while the other four had no fuel. The stuck injector cleared itself after a minute or so, and has worked well for ten-something years since then.

95 Tahoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would suspect fuel pressure regulator or some sort of blockage in the unit. Rebuilt injectors are $45 each at autozone. I just changed mine. They can be changed without pulling the whole TBI. A complete TBI rebuild takes about 2 hours. Gasket kit is fairly cheap.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back when I still had TBI, the spring in my FPR rusted through and it still ran. I'd suspect stuck injectors or FOD in the injector pod.

jigsaw

Reaction score
I'm guessing stuck injectors. MAYBE a failed pressure regulator--I'd think the injectors would at least dribble even if the regulator failed. Fuel pump runs, since it "shoots out" when the fuel tube is unhooked. Has power and ground since the noid lite flashes.

Have someone crank the engine while you tap on the injectors with something small and metal--perhaps a small brass hammer. Don't overheat the starter.

IF you can get them unstuck, I'd be running Top Tier fuel with some Chevron Techron Complete Fuel System Cleaner added-in for a couple of tankfuls...and then Top Tier fuel from then on.

I had one stuck injector on a Treasure Yard TBI unit. The engine ran on four cylinders while the other four had no fuel. The stuck injector cleared itself after a minute or so, and has worked well for ten-something years since then.
I gave it a few taps before starting and one came on gave the other a few smacks and now they both working. Something so simple never had thought of it

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gave it a few taps before starting and one came on gave the other a few smacks and now they both working. Something so simple never had thought of it
NOW you go to your favorite parts-store, and get some bottles of Techron Complete Fuel System Cleaner, and start filling-up at a Top Tier gas station.