TB spacer, upper intake spacer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

qwikgta

Reaction score
so this may be a stupid question, but if it does not help, or only helps at WOT/3000rpm + then why did they make it one inch? in other words, would 1.5 or 2" have been better. Can you add too much volume that it starts to hurt performance? Anyone ever add two of these for a 2" spacer? TIA

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
so this may be a stupid question, but if it does not help, or only helps at WOT/3000rpm + then why did they make it one inch? in other words, would 1.5 or 2" have been better. Can you add too much volume that it starts to hurt performance? Anyone ever add two of these for a 2" spacer? TIA
I doubt the fuel lines would for, spider might not be long enough, etc.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Redneckgeriatric

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would assume nothing as the plenum is upstream of them?

yeah, probably, unless it causes turbulant air which will slow the air. never saw any evidence of what they actually accomplish, or inhibit. on injected engines, intake tract length is from top of piston to atmosphere. it is tuned! on carbed engines, intake tract is measured to the carb venturi, spacers were used to keep fuel from heating in the bowls. phenolic resin worked sorta. metal , not so much.

question for the younguns: would you add a spacer to the intake on a Z06? r1 yamaha?