Taxes done this week and tires on the mind!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Ryan - You have the 2" lift......post pics ASAP when the new tires are mounted. Not sure if I'm doing rims with the tires or tires for now and rims down the road, running stock rims now.

Yeah 2" block in rear, 1.5 crank up front. Ive got 16x8s with no offset, so 4.5 backspacing, Ill post pics tuesday when I mount my tires at work.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
305/70/16 or 285/75/16? Major difference between the two sizes? About an inch width is all......right?
I'm sitting stock height now and will end up with a 3" BL by summer, wont go any higher. I want to fill the gap without stuffing tires in the wheel well. Also want tires to stick out a little. Kind of like vortec lover.

Oooh- some one referenced my truck. :naughty:

Let's see: a lot of it is going to be in your rims, actually. 305/70/16 will be wider, and the same height as 285/75/16- the thing is that you can't really get the full benefits without different rims. Stockers won't give you an offset look.

These are the same tires on all these pictures, just different rims: (285/75/16 w/ 3" BL)

You must be registered for see images attach

versus

I'd say go 305/70/16, but rims will help you out a lot. I'm a little extreme with 16X11, but 16X8's with a decent backspacing would be an much better than stock (16X7 with very very little offset). I'm going to go to 315/75/16 once new tires roll around, but I'll probably need to crank to fit, because the wider stance you have, the harder it is to not rub.

The tread width will be the same either way, but it's harder to appreciate when it tapers in like a donut or is sucked in the wheel well.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Here's mine with 305/70R16 tires at stock height

And after the 3" body lift

Hope that helps, and if you want any pics form other angles let me know!

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Love your truck. Any pics of Elsie you want to post, you feel free!!!!!

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Oooh- some one referenced my truck. :naughty:
16X8's with a decent backspacing would be an much better than stock (16X7 with very very little offset).

:lol:
That big of a difference between 16x7 & 16x8???

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
:lol:
That big of a difference between 16x7 & 16x8???

Yeah, there is a big difference- but mine are 16x11 (in case that was what you were wondering)

thz71 is running 16x8 (maroon truck with a 3" bl, you've probably seen it) if you need to see what that looks like

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
I wish my tires stuck out some more. These are 315/75R16 on a 3" body. Rims i believe are 16x8, unknown offset.