Taxes done this week and tires on the mind!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
305/70/16 or 285/75/16? Major difference between the two sizes? About an inch width is all......right?
I'm sitting stock height now and will end up with a 3" BL by summer, wont go any higher. I want to fill the gap without stuffing tires in the wheel well. Also want tires to stick out a little. Kind of like vortec lover.

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
am still confused on tire sizes haha but i have 285/70/17 right now and when i was looking at 16 inch wheels i was told 305/70/16 would be an inch wider and an inch taller than what I have now. If your doing a 3 inch body lift definitively go with the 305s for sure.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Yeah, I had 285's on my '93 with a 3"BL and they seemed a little small. Going for a little width this time around also.

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
IIRC You are correct about the width.

Here is mine with 305/70s on 16x10 wheels. Unsure about backspacing though. 3" body and 2 inch block and crank
You must be registered for see images attach

And this one will give you a perspective on how far my tires stick out

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I just got my taxes and got a set of 305/70r16s :lol:

Ive been planning on getting tires for 2 years now, every year something happened to get in the way, last year the transmission in my red truck went out, the year before that I didnt make enough in taxes and had a debt to pay.

I got these..

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...&tireModel=Wrangler+DuraTrac&partnum=07QR6WDT

$936 from RHD tire sent to Hyundai (where I work).

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
YES JAW's! That is what I am looking for. Hard to see what the tires look like from behind with the mud guards but that is what I have in my head.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Ive got 16x8, thats a perfect pic too I have 2" block and getting 3" body soon here from a local guy.

I need 16x10s otherwise my tires will look like donuts.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Ryan - You have the 2" lift......post pics ASAP when the new tires are mounted. Not sure if I'm doing rims with the tires or tires for now and rims down the road, running stock rims now.

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
YES JAW's! That is what I am looking for. Hard to see what the tires look like from behind with the mud guards but that is what I have in my head.

Tires are bfg KO2s

I know the mud guards make it hard to see but that was the best picture I had to show that

He is another one that wont show you much more lol

(disreguard the terrible camber and the awful first attempt to color match the grille
:lol:

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
After looking at it again... that picture shows you absolutely NOTHING :rofl: