Tahoe fuel problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Need help here guys well my brother is thinking of buying a 99 Tahoe well I told him that the worst thing that I have heard is some problems with the fuel lines and I think it was the pressure regulator can you give me some info on this and till what year did GM clear up this problem?? Im wanting to know what years had this problem because he wants that body style Tahoe. Thanks...........

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know about fuel lines, but the OBS SUV's and trucks has issues with the modular fuel pump failing, repeatedly. That issue didn't even clear up in the NBS trucks, and I've known several owners of 00 and up Tahoes that have had multiple fuel pumps. I can't really say that the problem has been completely solved. The injection spider is another problem, because the poppets have a tendency to plug up or stick open, especially when they've seen a lot of years and miles. The poppets along with the FPR can and do fail, but a complete update/upgrade assembly from Delphi is only about 280 bucks, and the pumps aren't terrible if you shop around. None of those are really reasons not to buy a Vortec equipped Tahoe.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the good info I thought more OBS guys would have chimmed in to HELP? It must be late.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the pump failures are caused mainly by running the tank too low too frequently, and not changing the fuel filter often enough...

the poppets aren't a great design, like Saatr mentioned, that's really the main 'issue' with the fuel system. however even though it's not a great design, every engine has weakpoints so like saatr already said, its not really enough not to consider it.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Need help here guys well my brother is thinking of buying a 99 Tahoe well I told him that the worst thing that I have heard is some problems with the fuel lines and I think it was the pressure regulator can you give me some info on this and till what year did GM clear up this problem?? Im wanting to know what years had this problem because he wants that body style Tahoe. Thanks...........

Well my brother bought a 99 conversion Burb with 177K for $3900.00 he said it has only been serviced at the dealership and was always garaged so it's a super shape so another obs member.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know what we are going to say, right?

We need some pics..