Tahoe console removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm going to make a custom console like spargs did. How do i remove the stock console? Cannot find a link

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Long console? Comes out piece by piece. Open the lid, & take out the screws holding the lid to the console, remove some screws in the bottom to remove the inner box. Two more screws up high in the front of the opening. Then the top long part slides back out from a hook attachment in the front. Once you've got that done, you can see some brackets & will have to undo the bolts that attach the console bottom from the brackets.
I'm trying to recall this from memory, & that ain't what it used to be! The console either gets taken off of the brackets, or the brackets come out with the console. Can't remember exactly how many screws that there are either. But hopefully you get the idea.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Really, Al?

I thought the inner "liner" black plastic piece just popped out. From there, there's a couple bolts holding it to the floor, then it slides out of some brackets.

Seriously, once you get that inner piece popped out, it's cake. 10 minute job at the most.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Lol! Yea, like I said. Going by memory. I've always taken mine out piece by piece. But, there may be easier ways. Could be I just do things the difficult way! That's been known to happen a time or two!