T DOG's Audio System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Goals:
Add an amp, front components, and a subwoofer
Use equipment that I already have

Equipment:
Alpine CDE-143BT
eDi 6000’s v.2 (components)
9kv.2 in a single .33cF sealed custom enclosure
Nine.4 (4ch amp)
Audio Technix 60 mil sound deadener
Audio Technix 4GA OFC wire

Plan:
I’ve decided to take all of the Elemental Designs equipment out of my Nissan Sentra and install it into my truck.

I guess I will use the enclosure and the 9kv I currently have for the time being. However, eventually, I’d like to make or buy a custom enclosure that will fit underneath the rear seat. If and when I do upgrade the enclosure I may upgrade the sub as well.

I like my 9kv but I listen to a lot of rap/hip-hop and sometimes it’s lacking a bit on the really low notes. I know a vented enclosure would help but there really isn’t that much room underneath the rear seat of my truck.

Last edited:

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is what I've installed so far.

PAC AAI-GM9
http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=99&CategoryID=24

You must be registered for see images attach

Dave Navone N-iPRCA
http://www.davidnavone.com/cart.asp?14&pid=368

This combo keeps my iPhone charged and provides very good sound quality. I just had to tap into 12v & ground for the iPhone cable. The rest is plug and play.

While I had the dash panel off I also tapped into the front speakers for the Dave Navone N-RHL4 4-CH LOC that I will install in the near future.

As an added bonus, I am able to slide my iPhone up through the bottom of the cup holder and use it as a mount.

I also installed an old Bazooka tube I had laying around to tide me over. This is where I want to put a custom enclosure eventually.

Overall I am very pleased with the PAC AAI-GM9 & N-iPRCA combo. The sound quality is very good and I still have the option to add another source to the 2nd aux input on the PAC AAI-GM9.

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm thinking about running a downfiring enclosure like this or something similar. Seems easy enough to make.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The enclosure I built for mine ... we removed the jack compartment from under the seat (would have rattled anyways) and built the enclosure completely under the rear seat ... Worked great !!! Just didn't give me the edge I needed in Sound Quality competition (could have been cause it was sealed ... not sure) ...
When we cut the wall and went Blow thru ... under the rear seat made a nice place for a amp rack ...

Should be able to get 2 strong 10s in there with no problems ... and sound great !!!
Best of luck Sir !!! I'm tuned in !!!

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've considered two 10's but I just don't think I want to lose the jack. At least not for now.

I'm kind of surprised you didn't get the output you needed with the sealed enclosure. I thought sealed boxes are better suited for Sound Quality as opposed to vented. Your front stage does seem to be quite powerful though. I guess the sealed box just couldn't keep up.

I love your install! Super clean and the amp rack really looks nice under the seat. When are you gonna show us how you did your a-pillars?

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just checked out his Trailblazer build on CA-F. Very impressive!

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No not yet. Just lurking for now. After joining DSBP and checking out some of the builds I kinda felt like a may have jumped the gun. My little project seems pretty silly when compared to the builds with walled, blow through, and huge vented enclosures with multiple batteries and alternators. Lol.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Don't feel bad man, you're technically using more electronics than I am, and your stuff currently looks better than mine....I gotta do some tidy'ing up lol.

I'm subbing to see how this goes, your truck is really nice inside. :)

Here's a suggestion though, have you thought about maybe incorporating a mobile touch screen into it, since you have a spare jack? That way you can play movies for yourself.....errrm, I mean, for passengers, while driving down the road. I did that with mine, used a 5" at first, then upgraded to a 7"....next upgrade will be to an ipad-2.