T DOG's '98 K1500 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What's done to that truck in that pic that is different from stock? Also where the hell did you get that magazine pic?? I wouldn't think you'd see ads like that anymore!!! That's badass.

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hell yeah dude thats awesome. if you want that smooth front trim piece like the magazine pic. you can get it from gmpartsdirect.com, my brother ordered one for his truck and it looks much better than having the license plate cut outs, i need to get one too.

Oh hell yeah! I definitely want that piece. I didn't even notice that in the picture. LOL. I noticed that mine has the cutouts for the front plate and it was kinda bothering me. We don't have to have front plates here in NM so I will definitely look into that! Thanks dude!

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What's done to that truck in that pic that is different from stock? Also where the hell did you get that magazine pic?? I wouldn't think you'd see ads like that anymore!!! That's badass.

Haha. There isn't anything different because that truck is completely stock. That picture is from the 1998 Chevrolet C/K Pickup brochure that the original owner gave me when I bought the truck.
You must be registered for see images

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no problem man. just checked its 48.66 + shipping

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's badass that he still had that. Lets you know the guy really cared about that truck, so you're golden! What is this license plate delete business?

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh yeah, he pampered this truck and I intend to do the same. He gave me a folder with every receipt, that brochure, and the original window sticker.

Look at the picture of the front of my truck that I posted a couple posts above. The trim has 2 small cutouts where the holes are where you would bolt down a front plate.

Now look at the front shot of the truck that I posted from the brochure. It's just one continous strip of trim. No cutouts or holes for a front plate.

My truck spent the majority of it's life in northern California so that would explain the accommodations for a front plate. At least I think they have front plates in California. IDK for sure though.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ohhh ok yea it's just buying new front trim I believe it's a 2 piece deal. They got them over on CKresto too your choice of with the little chrome strip in the molding or not. I bought my side molding from them which is the same as stock except it doesn't have the chrome strip along the top. All black = less noticeable.

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah it's a really subtle detail but it was kind of bothering me. Lol, I'll definitely want to do that.