'98 Chevy K1500 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TrailBlazerZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey all, sorry about no posts in the past month. Been out of town for the past 3 weeks for various things (work, family stuff, etc...). Project is still on-going. Once I get paid next week, i'm planning on ordering the radiator, radiator hoses, all the parts for the power steering cooling system sans pump and gearbox, K&N fuel filter, K&N oil filter, and the sandwich-type oil filter adapter. Hopefully will get the transmission dropped this week (finally)!

TrailBlazerZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, this project has turned into a massive mountain. Every time I go through the truck, I find more and more stuff wrong. Sooo the project has taken a massive turn: Starting tomorrow, I am gutting everything out of the truck, and replacing it. electrical, fuel lines, brake lines, just about the only things that will stay are the body and chassis.
Also, if anyone could point me in the right direction to where I could possibly find a replacement chassis wiring harness for the truck, that'd be awesome :) If not, i'm just going to use the Painless 28-circuit universal truck harness, and make it work somehow.

TrailBlazerZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay everybody, i'm back! Been at National Training Center for the past month, ready to start getting back to work on my truck.

Here was my baby while there

You must be registered for see images
[/URL]

TrailBlazerZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For all following:
Sorry for not updating! I've been extremely busy since July, and the truck has sat for quite a while with no work done to it. I am hoping to finally get back to work on the truck, and start updating again!

TrailBlazerZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So here's the latest update: transmission/transfer case is out of the truck. Come January, my plan is to order everything I still need to get the truck running (454 radiator, radiator hoses, efan kit, emissions wiring harness, wiring harness loom, and all the stuff to convert my oil and trans cooler lines to braided lines. Also going to be ordering a Monster HD 4L60E. Gonna save my old one for a future project (like I did with my old engine).

Sent from my Vortec-powered Droid Turbo using Tapatalk

TrailBlazerZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn, almost a year since I last updated. Well, there has really been nothing to update. Started working and schooling full-time in January. School from 8am-1pm, then work from 1:30pm-10pm monday to friday. and sort everything out on the weekend. Also in the process of moving to Dallas to rejoin my immediate family. Father and I plan on having a shop on the property they are moving to, so with an ample amount of room, my poor '98 should be road worthy within a year. And by a year, I mean somewhere around 2020, because that's how project trucks go x.x Can't wait, cause ive had the engine and transmission ready to put in since my short school break in April

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

TrailBlazerZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Year and a half later, i'm still alive. Finally getting around to rebuilding the transmission (got more parts to order for it). Working my current job, I have far more free time, and work is not nearly as physically or mentally demanding as it was before, so you all should start seeing regular updates on my poor K1500
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk