'98 Chevy K1500 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TrailBlazerZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not really an update, and it isn't happening for a while, but I've decided to go with a 6" suspension lift. That is all :p

TrailBlazerZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alrighty, quick project update. I've been pretty busy this past weekend, so I wasn't able to do a lot, but I did get a photo of the front clip after everything aside from the condenser and trans cooler were removed. Also ground off that little lip that plagues the throttle body plates on the '96-98 trucks.
Front Clip, no fan shroud, power steering pump, oil cooler lines, or radiator
]
You must be registered for see images attach

Throttle Plate

TrailBlazerZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Another update :D

Did a little bit of work today. Got my engine rough-timed (can't fine-time it until I can run it). Got the skid plates, battery plates, hood latch brace, and trans cooler off. Didn't realize how grimy and filthy my front crossmember was...

Engine compartment w/ no skid plates

Driver-side battery plate gone (windshield fluid reservoir is underneath)

Passenger-side battery plate gone (this is the one where the single battery sat)

Transmission cooler & hood latch brace off

Grimy, icky front crossmember

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I vote headache rack with a rack that covers the roof as well for added storage or observation deck.

TrailBlazerZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been very busy lately, but looky what came in the mail today! :D Just waiting on the adapters to arrive from Advance Auto Parts (Summit didn't have any)

Last edited:

TrailBlazerZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just got my Dana 44 home... It is out of a '78 K5 Blazer, has front discs and a steering stabilizer already installed :D
And the best part about the whole deal was, it was F-R-E-E.

TrailBlazerZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Me'sa thinking about doing a rear-disc conversion on the 14 bolt that I have, using the '02 Escalade stuff like GTAmazing did on his truck. Opinions? And question: What master cylinder should I get if I do? I'm converting to hydroboost anyways, so would a GMT800 hydroboost master cylinder work?