T DOG's '98 K1500 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
TDOG, does that aux input work with the stock radio? All I have right now is the stock radio and I like it, but I'd love to be able to plug in my phone via USB and play music through the stock radio somehow without having to buy an aftermarket "steal me" cd player. Is that what that plug is for Ipod for the radio or?

Yes, this aux input is designed to work with the stock radio as long as you have the radio with the separate cd player and the tape/aux button.

The connection is a 3.5 mini jack that you plug in where you would some headphones. The music is controled from your mp3 player.

There are actually 2 sets of inputs.

Last edited:

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol. Short answer... Yes, this adapter works with the factory radio.

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Installed the HID's!
You must be registered for see images

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so you have to have cd player to use that? i have factory radio but no cd player. i have tape/aux button though
Same here. Just the good ol' Tape Player :D No cd player, plus I like having the little tray down there to put my stuff in. No fancy DVD or double din for me. I kind of like keeping the interior stock with painted pieces.

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, you must have a working slave CD or Tape player to use this adapter.

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks man. That's why I went with the 4300's.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i got 4500k real white at night.. my tape player works and i tried using those tape ipot things but they suck lol iu want to use my ipod. not in my stereo stage yet so need to figure soemting out to hold me till then