Sway bars upgrade for 99 burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whytry

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve searched and haven’t found an answer. I’ve read about others who have asked similar questions but I’m trying to upgrade my stock front sway bar to something stronger without so much body roll. It’s dropped 3/5 on stock 2011 Escalade 22’s with a 305. Sometimes side to side sway rubs the fender and I’m not a fan of that. I’m also looking to swap out to RS9000 shocks to set to stiff setting. I’m wondering about getting a stock sway bar from either the 2500 burb or even the 3500 truck since they ‘look’ very similar and I know several parts are interchangeable....

Any thoughts or anybody done this? Or any other proven sway bars out there that are known?

Thanks!!

brutpwr

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can check with Hellwig...I don't think they list them for some or all GMT 400's any longer but perhaps they can still produce them for you. I believe Addco still has part #'s available but there may be others brands still making these still.

whytry

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh really... good to know. I’m going to go junk yard checking this weekend if it’s not raining and see what I can find. I know a couple places up near me that have everything from 1500’s to the 3500 and see what I can find. Might be all I need is to get one from a truck that doesn’t have one in the rear to solve my problems. Thx for the tip!!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Some new urethane sway bar bushings (They are bar diameter specific. Less deflection &...Cheap!) + shells for the frame mounts (The ones for the urethane bushings come with grease zerks) along with some urethane bushings for the end links, will help with the body roll.
You can do the same for the rear bar, too.
I bought mine for my '97 from the local parts supply. Took in one of each bushing needed & had to match them up from their divided tray selection.
For my '98 I bought a complete urethane body mount & suspension kit, although the kit did not come with rear bar bushings.

Last edited:

whytry

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did the bushing up front on the factory bar but still with the 305’s I get some rubbing on some corners and want to do what I can to prevent it more. I’ll check the junk yard and post my findings too for anybody else who might be interested