Sway bar link question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay hopefully I'm in the right place... I was under my truck today and a realized that the sway bar link appears to have broken off because it is not attached to the control arm... Seems like a problem... So the real question here is that the top half of the link is still connected to the sway bar but it doesn't seem to line up with the fittin in the control arm. So could the sway bar possibly be twisted somehow or would a new link fall in line once I jack the car up and start working on it? Oh and would I have to replace both sway bar links if the other one looks fine?

JJHUSSY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do both, some people say don't fix it if it ain't broke, but I am not that guy. Especially when it comes to suspension. It's cheap enough to fix, do it right the first time.
It won't line up because there is weight on the vehicle. The weight of the vehicle is currently loaded on one side of the sway bar, so it will "twist" in its bushings on the frame.
Jack the whole front end up, pull of the wheels for ease of access, and replace the links and bushings.

My buddies blazer was like this, what a slop to drive! :p

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do both, some people say don't fix it if it ain't broke, but I am not that guy. Especially when it comes to suspension. It's cheap enough to fix, do it right the first time.
It won't line up because there is weight on the vehicle. The weight of the vehicle is currently loaded on one side of the sway bar, so it will "twist" in its bushings on the frame.
Jack the whole front end up, pull of the wheels for ease of access, and replace the links and bushings.

My buddies blazer was like this, what a slop to drive! :p
Thanks for the answer! And that's the weird thing! It drives perfectly haha I didn't even notice it!

JJHUSSY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol luck of the draw! You should notice a change for the positive when you fix it.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2