Swapping a tbi with a vortec please help I have a 1993 k1500 with a tbi engine an I want to put a 98 vortec engine! What do I have to change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine has a marine intake on it now, but it sat for ~45 days and popped right off too. Did not even need a jump box on the 3 year old battery.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Isn't that upgrade spider set up, very expensive? Been a long time since in the shops, so I am unsure.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:33:The Vortecs are rock solid as well, after you change the spider to the upgrade spider and put fiber paper intake gaskets like the Edelbrock 7235s on it. The Vortecs are very simple as well. I prefer the Vortec to the TBI but I like them both. You can make a lot more power out of the Vortec EFI without changing any of the components than you can a TBI.
X2

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't that upgrade spider set up, very expensive? Been a long time since in the shops, so I am unsure.
Mines still fine with 82k, but will install this Acdelco 217-3029 eventually. Currently $450-550 if you can even find one. SMP still has them for less.
You must be registered for see images attach

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I was gonna have to go look because of what you said. I had punched in the AC Delco number and it came up with the ACD designation for the kit. I tried the part number at RA and it was not even listed. This PG price appears to be half of what you had guesstimated.

You can get the individual pieces at RA but added together, it is over $800.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was gonna have to go look because of what you said. I had punched in the AC Delco number and it came up with the ACD designation for the kit. I tried the part number at RA and it was not even listed. This PG price appears to be half of what you had guesstimated.
They have been selling for those prices recently, if you could even find one. I wonder if they are producing them again or maybe Parts Geek stumbled across a pile. Says they have 8.