Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Evatyl14

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
even if i get headers tho, the y pipe will still need to be changed tho...? Cause if it really comes down to it i can prolly make my own y pipe, just need to go about th best way of doing it.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Can't find one of a gmt400, but you get the idea. Much smoother flowing than this.
You must be registered for see images attach

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
even if i get headers tho, the y pipe will still need to be changed tho...? Cause if it really comes down to it i can prolly make my own y pipe, just need to go about th best way of doing it.

If you get headers just run dual exhaust and dont have a y pipe

sent from my outdated S3

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^ I agree. Just run straight dual exhaust form the headers back. No need for a y pipe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I'm going to buck the trend here and say buy a properly designed kit.

Two isolated pipes gives up the benefits of a tuned exhaust system.

When properly designed, it uses the exhaust pulses to keep gas flow high and help scavenge cylinders on the exhaust stroke.

Your local tube bender is only going to throw something on there that "looks right" but is a total shot in the dark if it works right.

Everything. From tube diameters to placement of an x or h section come in to play.

Fortunately, there's companies out there that have done the expensive part (R&D) for you and will sell you a kit package that will bolt right up.

Then you get into variable like cams, induction, etc....

Evatyl14

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't really wanna take my side pipe off, it came with the truck, so now its just kinda what my truck is known for its all 3" tubing with glass pack into 3.25-5 tip. So the first day i drove it to school, some dumba** decided to shove popcans down the pipe. its irritating yeah, but i don't mind. and i don't mind doing something a couple times, gives me something else to do when i'm bored. So that why i just wanna change the y pipe, and later on get headers. I wanted to do dual side pipes but gas tank is right there. im going to run two 2.5 pipes into 1 3in pipe that will be hooked to the glass pack.

Evatyl14

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

this one is one my buddy just through together when he was bored. to small of piping for me, but i think he was gunna use it on his sonoma.

Evatyl14

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

This is what mine looks like. I was just gunna cut the y part keep the down pipe and everything and weld it right to the glass pack.

What is so different about this one(was a suggested one to buy) thant he stock one?