Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Delco if u dont wana spend too much e3 if you wana spend a little more and see if they make a difference

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
I removed my evap canister due to a rusted broken line from the tank. Didn't feel like replacing it, so I cut said line short and ran a small vent (same as a differential vent), plugged off the line at the throttle body, and removed canister.

That said, I still recommend leaving it there.

Evatyl14

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Allright thank you! With all that answered. I have another question, thinkin of replacing my y pipe, because factory ones aint all that great, What would you reccomend? Or whats the best way going about making one? Thanks for ya'lls input!

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Easiest way is to weld 2 turndowns together, chop the end off, and weld a single slightly bigger pipe to them like this. You will weld it on the sides first, then gently bend the centers down until there is no gap to weld.

You must be registered for see images

Evatyl14

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Seeing this if i may ask, what makes the stock one so more constrictive then that one?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
if your gonna do your y pipe you might as well do your exhaust completely. ebay stainless headers work good actually, as for y pipe i dont have one i have an h pipe that site right by my tcase trans tail meet and then goes all the way out back. an x or h pipe will give you the best overall performance and what not as studies have shown.

Evatyl14

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I only have a single side pipe, i'd like headers, but unfortunately the moneys not around. I do need a new donut gasket amongst all this.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
then just get your y pipe redone to when its a smoother transistion, the bad thing about the stock one is it comes at the crossover at 90 degrees roughly so the exhaust has to be pushed to get out instead of kinda free flowing, thats a bad way of putting it but maybe youll understand.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Bottom line less restriction the better for you exhaust if i was you id save up and go with headers

sent from my outdated S3