Supercharger?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TGS00

Reaction score
Recently bought a trailer and the old girl (2000 CCSB 5.7) is having a tough time pulling it. Thinking of getting a supercharger and have been doing some research, just wondering who may have some info on weather or not it's a good idea or what brand is best etc. I've heard good things about the wynjammer kits....thanks in advance.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
You could try and hunt down a Whipple kit.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I've never heard of Wynjammer sounds like a cheap knock off. Have you thought about re gearing?

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
I would do a FULL tuneup, headers, intake, high flow exhaust and a tune. If that isn't enough, then a regear. IMO going with a whipple to tow with is gonna be more headache and hassle.

TGS00

Reaction score
I've done FULL tuneup, have CAI, cat is cut out, but exhaust is stock other then that. And I'm looking into a tune as well.

meterman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i went with a pro charger on a 97 1 ton with a 5.7 love it got it set up for pulling it's smooth and will haul the mail got a tune in it they said the kit i bought don't need one , my milage has dropped think its the tune gonna change gear and dual the **** out put stock tune back in unless any one can tell me a good tuner with this set up
thanks
mac

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
I've read a few good reviews on the Wynjammer SC. Might be worth it.
I would opt for the programmed PCM and the larger fuel system that are available from them.

Of course, I wouldn't be able to stop there. Headers, electric fans, and maybe a little more cam are a must.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Wynjammers are made locally in Phoenix, AZ and the owned worked for Manga and Whipple previously. They are good quality superchargers, and users have reported running them without issue for many years.

I contemplated getting one myself, but all said and done, a LQ4 swap is cheaper and nets you more power and torque (unless you found a wynjammer used, that is). If I had already put bolt ons on my 350, and the mileage was lower, I would go with the wynjammer.