Superbright LEDs Headlamp bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ibanez GSA60

Reaction score
So here are now LED headlamp conversions for our trucks, and I was wondering if anyone here has tried them, and if so, how well they work. I'm hoping to have functional high and low beams, without the lows blinding other drivers (see HIDs in reflector housings). the links to the kits are below

Low beams

High beams

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Even their own image shows it completely changed the beam pattern on the low beams, which is NOT something you want. Someotherguy used a different kit which appeared to maintain a decent pattern with his TYC headlights. Might want to figure out which kit he used.

From their own images, these will blind people as badly if not worse than HIDs in reflector housings.

You must be registered for see images attach

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
This one? Nothing about this is proper. This appears to be a test in a projector housing. The "step" in the cut off is turned into a valley by the LEDs. The "mountains" to both sides are going to blind drivers.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I used LED's from TorchStar which keep in mind any of these LED's you see are just China's finest sold wholesale to a number of different retailers. You kind of have to track them by appearance alone. I've seen the exact same ones I got for $70 being sold for $100 and more.

They're OK but not great; I do like them better than halogens in terms of brightness and color. I like them better than HID's in terms of pattern. They're not as bright as HID which is actually a good thing; aftermarket HID's are usually obnoxiously bright and combine that with poor pattern and they're a loser all the way around.

I see you already found my thread about these but here's the link for anyone else reading this later -> http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?28147-LED-headlight-bulb-replacement-install

Richard

tech20

Reaction score
If you can't find led bulbs that pattern well you might consider 9011 / 9012 bulbs. They are the same wattage as stock and pattern well enough in original housings. The filaments are aligned in the same orientation as 9005 / 9006 bulbs.
<The housings haven't been aimed yet in this picture / This is the low beam pattern in new TYC housings from rock auto>

I purchase mine on ebay. philips 9011 and philips 9012. 43.99/pair and 51.99/pair

Last edited: