suburban rear swaybar on obs ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anvil 14

Reaction score
The "dog bones" are also known as fixed length end links ,I believe. When I would set them up to autocross I would use adjustable length end links. I would adjust the length of the end links so the swaybar ends were parallel to the ground (and frame).

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I've been looking for the adjustable end links. Did you buy 'em or make 'em, which is what I've been considering,

Anvil 14

Reaction score
I modded an aftermarket polyurethane end link kit for the front of the Camaro . It was essentially a grade 8 bolt with a pipe as a spacer. I just trimmed the length of the spacer pipe. I've seen a threaded kit too-Edelbrock? The "dog Bone" style was custom.Welded a piece of D.O.M. on both ends of a 8" long D.O.M.Shock bushings from Addco pressed in .Looked like mini boxed LCA. Strong as hell.That Beast cornered like She was on rails!!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I was thinking of using 2 heim style ball sockets, with a central adjuster, lock nutted on each side. But then for two, I'd need 2 left & 2 right handed threaded ones, plus the adjuster would also have to be machined for the opposite turning threads. They would look like small tie-rods when finished. I've seen aftermarket ones, just can't remember where or for what vehicle. New Camaros?

Anvil 14

Reaction score
I was racing a '84 Z28 H.O. If you make the swaybar mounts too solid you could rip them off the truck or torque the frame mounting badly.Polyurethane seemed to be the best . I re-inforced the mounting points as well.