Sub box for 94 single cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
Get R Done!

do you know anything about porting? If not keep it sealed!

Iv built a few boxes and in my inexperience I have also ruined a couple by not understanding porting whatsoever and then by drilling a hole in it.

I wish I could go back and slap my old self right before I pulled the trigger! lol

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you don't know your way around the Thiele/small parameters, easy to destroy your speakers. There are calculators online to use. Can also get ahold of the manufacturer of your subs and see if they have any specs on port and box volume for your needed design. A sneaky way would be to find a "pre made" box for your application and "borrow" the specs from that as well.
In my opinion, in a reg cab, 2-10s or even better, 2-12s in sealed boxes with enough power running to them is more than enough for a good back massage and headache after a while.

Hamps

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Largest issue will be room. With a budget number I can recommend some different setups but I need measurements. A wedge style box will probably help yield more room for mounting depth but may be difficult to fabricate. If you listen to a lot of different music sealed will probably give a better listening experience. We can definitely help ya out but any data you can provide will be beneficial. I’ve used this site since 2000 and it has always been helpful. Take a gander.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry to get off the subject but I know you guys can help me or know more than me now I bought a 12” sealed box for a speaker I have but I’m thinking if a put a hole in the box enclosure will I have more bass????
Thanks! RJ

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have some pretty good experience with boxes. If you would like to provide some Information, I can figure you a ported box......

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A port isn't to let the box "breath" or anything. A port is designed so the bass note coming off the back of the woofer, out of phase, will exit the port in phase and allow you to hear the back side of the woofer. A ported box is ALWAYS bigger then a sealed box when designed properly and a ported box will be AT LEAST 3db louder because you doubled the cone area being listened to.....

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why dual 8s? If you're going for bling in a stereo competition, I can see it, but a single 10" will sound better and can fill that cab with more decibels than you need.

Also, tinnitus sucks - ask me how I know. Take care of your ears because God's not giving you a second set.