Sub box for 94 single cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
thanks for that explanation Whatevers! that makes absolute sense to me.

I have stupidly drilled 2x 2" holes in my first sub box I ever made. it is a 12" downfiring and was custom built to slide under the seat and yo take up the foot well area as well behind the driver seat in my extended cab Sierra.

I have regretted it ever since. also since this box is very custom, like I glued multiple layers of plywood together to build up the back and bottom and shaved a contour into it with a hand held electric planer to match the floor, I will have a hell of a time trying to rebuild it.

it sounded amazing! hard hitting and at the time was the best stereo I have ever had. 12" old school lightening audio sub with a small bridged 500 watt pioneer amp, pioneer speakers all around and an oldschool pioneer deck.

then I destroyed it with 2" hole saw!

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
I did this once and was luckily able to fix it without resealing the box. If you know your internal volume of your box - you might be able to fix it with actual 2" port tubes at a correct length. Most of the universal ones can be cut to length to find out what frequency you want to tune to. They're pretty inexpensive online and look like this:

Sorry, doesn't look like it will let me embed just a picture anymore.

People also use PVC pipe as another inexpensive alternative, plus you can use elbows and things if a longer length isn't quite possible. The added port flares shown in the link above help keep some air turbulence down and give a nice completed look.

obs585

Reaction score
I went with 3-10” kicker L7T’s.

Attachments

• B2B545DA-1292-4D5D-B6E9-5A18E660BD42.jpeg
    B2B545DA-1292-4D5D-B6E9-5A18E660BD42.jpeg
    314.2 KB · Views: 36
  • F4986885-694C-4918-B80D-F81B7FC7768E.jpeg
    F4986885-694C-4918-B80D-F81B7FC7768E.jpeg
    429.3 KB · Views: 35

Sthtx Nick

Reaction score
Want to build a duel 8” ported sub box for 94 Chevy single cab
Two 8's in the proper box sounds good that was the first set up I had in my single cab, most people don't realize that two 8's in a ported box can actually hit louder and deeper than 2 10's or 12's in a sealed box. Ported boxes are always larger than sealed you need to know the t/s parameters of the subs you chose to get it right even with two 8's your gonna wanna build a box the full length of behind the seat put the subs next to each other on one side and put the port on the other I'd recommend a round port cause it's easier to calculate the tuning frequency, check out the 12volt.com there is alot of great info plus box, port and wiring calculators on there.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I agree two GOOD 8s in spec tuned box will sound great in a single cab, I ran 4 8s on 3k watts in extended cab and cracked the window, then the guy I sold it to did same to his window lol. Most GOOD 8s want .7ish cubes each, that's 1.5 cubes gross,but then displacement for bracing, subs motor and port , u will need maybe 2.5 cubes and that's a tight squeeze behind a bench seat. Also remember if u use say a 4" port, the port opening needs atleast 4" between it and any obstructions. Need any help with designs for box or things like that feel free to hit me up, been installing custom audio for over 27 years now and think I know what I'm doing! Lol

Njadams80

Reaction score
I agree two GOOD 8s in spec tuned box will sound great in a single cab, I ran 4 8s on 3k watts in extended cab and cracked the window, then the guy I sold it to did same to his window lol. Most GOOD 8s want .7ish cubes each, that's 1.5 cubes gross,but then displacement for bracing, subs motor and port , u will need maybe 2.5 cubes and that's a tight squeeze behind a bench seat. Also remember if u use say a 4" port, the port opening needs atleast 4" between it and any obstructions. Need any help with designs for box or things like that feel free to hit me up, been installing custom audio for over 27 years now and think I know what I'm doing! Lol
I would love to see some designs you may have. Would be for 2 Skar evl 8