Stupid cab question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blazin8556

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know about how much a regular cab weighs? Just the cab I'm wondering if my father in laws 26hp mahindra will lift it off the frame of the truck and set it aside. The tractor struggles with a 3 bay snap on krl1022 with no drawers. Thanks

Sent while under my truck...breaking stuff more

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
most 26hp tractors should do it no problem a Mahindra? i have no idea if itll do it haha

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would think it would do it with ease. I helped my friend lift the cab off his f250. It took 6 of us to lift it high enough to get a fork lift under it. His was a single cab.

blazin8556

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll probably pull most stuff off of it and probably pull the seats but leave to doors on

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
The more you remove the lighter it will be, as is just pulling body mounts and disconnecting all the cables and wires your lookin at probably 7-800 pounds maybe more

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I would think it would do it with ease. I helped my friend lift the cab off his f250. It took 6 of us to lift it high enough to get a fork lift under it. His was a single cab.

6 people? jeez haha

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
man... all I know is their heavy! lol
this is how I took mine off ...
You must be registered for see images attach

blazin8556

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't exactly have one of those sitting around lol

I don't mind gutting the cab cause it needs it anyway. Most everything inside is broke or just too worn out. I wanted to leave the glass and doors in for now so it'll all be protected from the elements but I guess if there is nothing inside the cab there is nothing to protect.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I lifted a regular cab (stripped of everything but glass) with an engine hoist...

And a goofball buddy of mine used a cheapo ching chong 1 ton chain hoist on his...

You just gotta be careful not to whack the glass with the chain, and also the strap will tend to flatten a small amount of the bead that holds the weatherstrip in place. Easy fix.

Richard