Stupid seat question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
If ya saw my gmt400 today post u found a burb with almost perfect leather interior. 3rd row looks unused. My question is.... is a Burb 3rd row the same as an ext cab back seat?

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Suburban third row is a full size seat, and it doesn't have regular tracks and mounts on it. Instead there's two brackets that lock onto bars in the cargo area floor, similar to the door striker action. They have a lever on the back to fold the seat up. If you could make brackets to make it fit the floor of an ex cab pickup (it's gonna be a good bit of work even for a welder) you probably aren't going to have much foot room between the seats. I want to say that an ex cab back seat is only half or three quarters the depth of a standard seat....
And the Burb third row is a heavy mf too; I've been the one that always has to climb in and out of the cargo area with it.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Burb seats are Burb seats.. except the fronts, which are again unique (dual armrest buckets in most of them) you can use those in pickups, other than not being great for extended cabs due to no easy rear seat entry function lever. Burb 2nd row are unique as well.. and furthermore, Blazer/Tahoe/Yukon 2nd row are unique to that platform too, btw.

Richard