stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What is the breakoff point for high miles ? I thought the same thing when I bought my 96ECSB that had 208K on the clock. Now @ 222,222 miles I believe it has at least 100K more left in it.
There realy isnt a set millage. As mentioned, it just depends on how well the truck was taken care of, and how clean it is, but there are thing that do need attention in a truck with over 200,000 miles. Chances are, you will replace a trans bofore 300,000 miles. Rear end bearings also, between 200,000-&-300,000 miles. The dashes crack around 100,000 miles if you live where it is hot. Then there are all the little normal things that need replacing, but thats with any car or truck over 4 or 5 years old. If the truck has been repaired as it should be, it can be worth a good bit of money if you can find someone will to give you what you want for it. I turn down offers on my 97 all of the time. It has 235,000 miles, but it is in presteen shape. Most recently I turned down $7500 for it. IDK if I would take $10,000 for it.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
:manos: im a sucker for orange.[/QUOTE]
Im not that big on the orange, but I love the retro look. That is one good looking truck.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
:manos: im a sucker for orange.
Im not that big on the orange, but I love the retro look. That is one good looking truck.[/QUOTE] I really wanted to not like that. Unfortunately I can't say that though. It's really not bad at all. I wouldn't necessarily want it but I sure don't think it looks bad.

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
Still don't like the way the Two tone doesn't meet at the top of the tail light. The white needs to be about 4" wider.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
What makes them think it's worth that much with that many miles?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Apparently it was owned by one guy who bought it brand new, and used it as a service truck...the dude at the mechanics shop this was parked at said the PO was meticulous with maintenance, oil changes every 3K, kept it clean, basic servicing and such. Only reason he was selling it was because the 4L60 lost 2nd.

Plus that's the common price range for 88-98 C/K trucks around here; $3,000 to $4,500 is the typical price spectrum for a running and driving GMT400 around here.

Halfway tempted to go back and ask for a test drive, maybe I can convince my friend to buy this thing if I could get them down on the price.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since you’re in NC, I’m kind of surprised it would have rust. That’s about the going rate for a TBI Z71 here (Mississippi) without rust, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Depends on condition here, 2-3 from beaters 3-4 decent body but high miles 4-7 good body and low miles 100-150k.