stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

F4U-1A

G-Damn Blackfly season is here.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This caught my eye.
Not what I would call 'all' the parts you need to know about.
Pretty heavy on the drool factor though.

Sewlow, be best drooling on oats. <horse and buggy> My college bud on North Vancouver IL is trying to tell me the price/liter of diesel for his Ram, and his oyster boat, ship, Frigate? Just fooling around (what's her name from this hour has 22min? CBC) Got's to be a Canadian to comprehend this ball park hit. All Good.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m gonna infer that “cherry frame” means that it’s a long bed extended cab?
Cherry, as in only surface rust. Cab mounts still intact. Regular cab, extended, crew cab, short bed, long bed, whatever. If it's a running GMT400, the asking price is about $1000, and if the body's mostly straight, it's a $2000 truck. The only upshot is that the frames aren't rusted through.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Found an mostly unmolested '72 GMC Burb for $5k. Looks like there's a chance it may have a numbers matching factory big block.
We used to use our Buick estate wagon for swap meets. When we were outgrowing it, and not sure what direction to go, a guy offered us a Chevy round fender suburban. The more we talked to him about it though, the price kept changing,or he'd be ornery and say he wasn't selling it, that kinda BS. So my dad got to looking in the newspaper ( this was 1989 lol) and found a 79 square body Burb in a used car lot, for $1500. So that's what we got, and that's where our Burb Life started. I've often wondered about that other Burb though. Woulda been cool to have, but a square body Burb has a little more room.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Cherry, as in only surface rust. Cab mounts still intact. Regular cab, extended, crew cab, short bed, long bed, whatever. If it's a running GMT400, the asking price is about $1000, and if the body's mostly straight, it's a $2000 truck. The only upshot is that the frames aren't rusted through.
Guess I need to go one state north to find me a 2500 pickup. Everything down here is clapped out or overpriced. And all the decent ones on the east side are still being used for work trucks....

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
We used to use our Buick estate wagon for swap meets. When we were outgrowing it, and not sure what direction to go, a guy offered us a Chevy round fender suburban. The more we talked to him about it though, the price kept changing,or he'd be ornery and say he wasn't selling it, that kinda BS. So my dad got to looking in the newspaper ( this was 1989 lol) and found a 79 square body Burb in a used car lot, for $1500. So that's what we got, and that's where our Burb Life started. I've often wondered about that other Burb though. Woulda been cool to have, but a square body Burb has a little more room.
For $1500 in 88 we got a 82ish Crew Cab long bed “big dooley” C30. We wanted a new 88 GMT400 but didn’t have the funds to purchase a new truck so we bought the CCLB and put a new motor in it (6.2 diesel from a Blazer).

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a $2000 truck around here, but around here it also has what you'd consider a cherry frame.
Here's an example of what we have around here $4K for a rust free example and custom paint :waytogo:
You must be registered for see images attach

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Thats the perfect canidate for my philosophy when buying a expensive vehicle; buy the nicest one you can find locally (MN plates means that its likely not too far from me) and then I have to be the one that makes it less than the nicest one. My wifes blazer is somewhat that, except that one was the only xTreme one for sale in northern WI and UP of Michigan for below my price-point.