stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
For all you guys that look down south.... I need a rust free 3rd door extended cab. With doors. Color not important, auto trans, manual or push button tcase would work. Glass and interior not needed but it's fine if they have them. Interior is tan. Truck is a 97. Color is a moot point but dark emerald green and autumnwood lower color preferred.

Sent from my flagged XT1635-01

Tyler/T-Unit
What????? Are you looking for a parts truck, or a running driving truck. A 2WD, or a 4WD?

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
What????? Are you looking for a parts truck, or a running driving truck. A 2WD, or a 4WD?
I got back to work Friday to drive home and the leading edge of my headliner was dripping wet. All over my fire lights/siren controls/CB/trans temp gauge. I flew home, pulled the visor and found a nickel sized hole in the roof skin between the center two visor mounts. Nothing was against it, it's just where it rotted through first. All my visor mount holes were sealed still. The whole windshield edge is rotted though. So I'm now in a bind. It would be nice to find a clean complete parts truck. Running/driving not absolutely necessary. More just a body and frame. I have a good drive line. I'm thinking it needs to be 4x4 since all my stuff would be going in it. But a complete running/driving truck wouldn't be so bad either. I have to formulate a plan for this and a lot of that plan is going to depend on what I can find for a donor. The rest can just fall into place once I get a canvas to work with.

You must be registered for see images attach

Tyler/T-Unit

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I got back to work Friday to drive home and the leading edge of my headliner was dripping wet. All over my fire lights/siren controls/CB/trans temp gauge. I flew home, pulled the visor and found a nickel sized hole in the roof skin between the center two visor mounts. Nothing was against it, it's just where it rotted through first. All my visor mount holes were sealed still. The whole windshield edge is rotted though. So I'm now in a bind. It would be nice to find a clean complete parts truck. Running/driving not absolutely necessary. More just a body and frame. I have a good drive line. I'm thinking it needs to be 4x4 since all my stuff would be going in it. But a complete running/driving truck wouldn't be so bad either. I have to formulate a plan for this and a lot of that plan is going to depend on what I can find for a donor. The rest can just fall into place once I get a canvas to work with.

Tyler/T-Unit
That's some bad rust. I guess the real question is how far are you willing to go to get a truck. We have a big selection at Pull a part here, and I know they will sell a complete truck. We don't have rust like that here. It almost never snows here so no salted roads. Then there is always areas like Arazona, where even 40,50 year old vehicles are in good shape. I guess it's all a mater of what you are willing to do.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does the truck have a lot of sentimental value? A rust-free Z71 would run around $5k down here (MS).

Like Kenny said, we don’t really even know what rust is, save for a few folks that live in Gulf-front counties. Even then, it’s minor to what you have up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score

Tyler/T-Unit
https://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/d/1996-chevy-1500-z71/6583679516.html
https://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/d/1997-gmc-sierra-1500-chevy/6576633969.html
https://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/d/97-z71-4x4/6562264949.html

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Not sure what price range you're looking for @Sampuppy1 so I'm only gonna post the ones under 4K;
https://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/d/1997-gmc-z71-4wd-194k-miles/6575289576.html
Basically looking for a donor body and frame. Rust free. Running/driving not necessary. 2k and under pretty much. No rust is the big thing. Blown engine not a problem. Blown trans or anything else is no biggie.

Tyler/T-Unit