Street Legal Rockwell build ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
I rarely watch any of those types of shows anymore.....If they would just stick to one build before starting a new one then I would be more interested in watching them.

kmm2736

Reaction score
Too many Idea killers, getting off on typing self gratifying crap around here!!
Thanks to all with, genuine responses!
I have decided to scrap my C60 Idea and not use the Rockwell’s till I can figure what to do with them. For my End of the world rig I’m stuck on the bobbed m35a2 sick trucks, everything I want. I forgot who asked but if the world ends my definition of the world ending is the breakdown of society (no government, no rules and lots of crazy zombie people) so eventually before the end happens I want a street legal rig that I won’t have to go fetch to drive.
Now I’m pushing my M1009/K-5 build up to front line:
I have decided to keep original M1009 running gear except for the 208 transfer case that I’ll be replacing with a 203. I’m scraping the blazer cab and am going to put the k1500 Extended cab on the M1009 frame. I have a flat bed I will be shorting for behind the cab going to do it trazor style with roll bars. Bringing it to the shop next weekend to start getting errr done.
Any constructive input would be great. Thanks

kmm2736

Reaction score
any special reason you want a 203?

I know it was heavy duty in its day and im not positive. I think guys double the 203 an 205 to have highway gears and lower off road gears. I have access to a 203 and thought maybe in the winter I could get a doubler kit and a 205. I am concerned with the 203 all time 4x4. My girl will be driving and she does not drive far but, im not sure if snowy conditions are good for that set up and slipping? I have two 208 to play with but I just thought the 203 would be a lil stronger for ruff terrain.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i understand if your doing the doubler for rock crawling i guess but the 205 is way stronger than the 203. ive blown up a number of 203s but never broke a 205. the 208 has a lower low than the 203 or 205 but the housing is aluminun and its chain like the 203. ive never run a 208 in my trucks but again not as strong as a 205.