Story of Dolly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lowlife89

Reaction score
The story of Dolly goes back to the Screw cab that I started to build up from another member here. Unfortunately it changed hands enough times to gain some debt and it was traded to me with a lien on it I didn't know about. They took it back, and luckily gave me my truck back. I missed the crew cab life enough to want to buy another... and I did!

You must be registered for see images attach

I got myself a 84 Chevy CCLB DRW, bagged it, but it never ran right.

I decided I wanted a daily driver. I spotted an amazing deal on a 1995 GMC C3500 CCLB. Sadly though, I was in the middle of buying a travel trailer and didn't have the funds, so my dad bought it. After teasing me enough I found a deal of a steal on a 1998 CCLB SAS truck... Enter Dolly!

Scored Dolly for $3k, and was told it needed an injection pump (6.5td). Got it home and threw a new PMD and relocation kit in it, fired right up. Drove it around and realized it needs a new rear driveline, as its dented and has a little vibration.... ok a lot. I am getting it into the driveline shop tomorrow at 7am. Meanwhile, I've ordered new springs in front (6" lift), a shackle flip kit, some 20x12 Anthem Commanders, will be picking up tires once the lift is on.

A few details about Dolly.
-SAS using ORD kit and a Dana 60 KP
-WFO crossover steering
-6.5 td with walboro lift pump, all maintenance done

lowlife89

Reaction score
Yesterday, I fixed 2 leaks in the injection lines, one at the FFM and one at the IP. She needs a leak fixed at the turbo drain, turbo side, and a leak or two at the power steering/hydroboost. Also yanked out a mile of wiring from an old alarm system...

Today it was side moldings coming off. Luckily, I had an eraser wheel handy to run down the sides.