Stealthy gauge mounting options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Uncle Ben

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I need to add a few gauges to my truck, (boost/fuel pressure/ air fuel ratio) and I would like to keep the interior of the truck looking as stock as possible, so no A pillar gauge pods or anything like that. Does anyone have an idea for a slightly hidden option, I was thinking of possibly using the glove box or maybe just having a triple gauge pod mounted low, almost under the dash (by the ashtray).

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hobie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I seen a truck not too long ago use a 95+ dash, and had a gauge below the IC on either side of the steering wheel. They barely fit, but didnt look out of place at all. If you have a 94 and down dash, maybe use the cubby in the center? I'm not too familiar with the older dash's, but I've seen people mount switch panels there, so I would assume gauges wouldnt be too bad

Frank Compagnon

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the ideas of hiding gauges or that, stealthy look If you will. The thing is, the gauges have to be seen at any time one looks at them, that's why you install them in the first place. I have had them mounted just about everywhere and find the A-pliier or around where the rearview mirror area is the best places to grab a quick view. Mounted out in the cowl area of a cowl hood is also a cool idea, but don't work so good in a snowy environment. Another option that I have in my other cars/trucks is a scan gauge, it works ok but not like an analog gauge.