Pilar post gauge pod that ACTUALLY FITS??!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jess t

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed a couple gauges in my 92 C1500 (trans temo, fuel pressure) in a pilar post gauge pod. Everything works great except!! the add on gauge pod doesn't even come close to fitting the contours of the factory pilar post cover. Does anyone make one that actually fits? TIA, jess in ky

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which brand doesn’t fit? I used Autometer and it fits perfectly.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Attachments

• IMG_5212.jpeg
    IMG_5212.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 24

thebmrust

Reaction score
I installed a couple gauges in my 92 C1500 (trans temo, fuel pressure) in a pilar post gauge pod. Everything works great except!! the add on gauge pod doesn't even come close to fitting the contours of the factory pilar post cover. Does anyone make one that actually fits? TIA, jess in ky
What fuel pressure gauge and sending unit are you using? (I’ve been looking).

Any install pics?

jess t

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

"Which brand doesn’t fit? I used Autometer and it fits perfectly,"​

This one.....doesn't wrap around front side of pilar,​

GlowShift Universal Black Dual Pillar Gauge Pod - Fits Any Make/Model - ABS Plastic - Mounts (2) 2-1/16" (52mm) Gauges to Vehicle's A-Pillar​

Attachments

• pod.jpg
    pod.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 9

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score

"Which brand doesn’t fit? I used Autometer and it fits perfectly,"​

This one.....doesn't wrap around front side of pilar,​

GlowShift Universal Black Dual Pillar Gauge Pod - Fits Any Make/Model - ABS Plastic - Mounts (2) 2-1/16" (52mm) Gauges to Vehicle's A-Pillar​

Well it’s also a universal one, so I’m not too surprised. It looks like if you rotated it to the right it would snug up some.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That “universal” one is obviously sh*t. Get an AutoMeter specifically for your truck. They come with screws, but I laid it out and used a bit of contact cement to hold, while Super Glue dried.